Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

Quenta relates a disturbing experience. I'm not in the habit of topping other people's stories (okay, I am...) but I was once woken from my sleep by my radio alarm-clock just in time to hear a news report about someone sharing my (not very common) name being killed in a car accident. Not the best way to start the day...
On a lighter note, I'm slightly surprised not to have read more on the Catholic Blogosphere about the Pope's next book. Apparently it will be of a philosophical and historical nature and will carry the title 'Memory and Identity'.
Finally, I was recently introduced to the fascinating story of that 'Strange Vagabond of God', John Randal Bradburn. There's a short article here about his life, as well as one about the three wishes concerning his death. For more info see the website of the John Bradburn Memorial Society.

No comments: