Sunday, October 22, 2006

Newman...

My recent post about Newman inspires me to remind people to check out the wonderful Newman Reader website which has pretty much all of Newman's important (Anglican and Catholic) works online.
For those of you who prefer to read things in 'dead tree' format (and I count myself as one of them) I can heartily recommend the Ignatius Press edition of the Parochial and Plain Sermons which manages to fit all 8 volumes of sermons into a single book. The quality of the printing and binding, along with the handy place-marker ribbon are a joy. They also sell a matching edition of the Prayers, Verses and Devotions. I don't have that myself - I have an early 20th century edition - but one presumes that the quality is similar to the P&P Sermons.
Incidentally, please note that Ignatius Press are the publishers of much of Cardinal Ratzinger's corpus. If Fr Fessio can have him elected Pope, then one knows that the Jesuit conspiracy that is Ignatius Press can have Newman beatified.

No comments: